Here are my ideas so far:
- I want to see Onew in a Kdrama, so he WILL be in mine. That's the first and most important idea that I came up with. I think that Lee Jin Ki is adorable and funny, and I want to see him in a Korean drama ASAP. He will also have at least 2 songs on the OST.
|Lee Jin Ki aka Onew of SHINee|
- I need Moon Chae Won. What female Kdrama fan wouldn't go gay for Moon Chae Won? Anyway, I digress. In my drama Chae Won will play an actress, and I want her to refer to the Chaeki ship in a funny way.
|Moon Chae Won as Seo Eun Gi|
- Song Joong Ki will make a cameo appearance. Now, I should be saying that I want him to star in my drama, right? Well, I think that it would be cooler if he made a cameo as himself and has an encounter with Moon Chae Won who is portraying an actress who has a crush on him and wants to work with him, but she isn't making progress in the acting world yet.... something like that.
|Song Joong Ki as Kang Ma Ru|
- Lee Min Ho will be the lead and will have sexy kissing scenes with Moon Chae Won. This seems so obvious to me that I didn't even list it first. So, to clarify, I want Onew in my drama, but I don't foresee him as a lead actor, not yet anyway.
|Lee Min Ho|
- I want the drama to start in Seoul, but end up in the country. I love the beautiful scenery and the interesting country-folk characters.
- At first I thought I wanted a supernatural element (because I enjoy them) like in those time-travel or body-swapping Kdramas (see Rooftop Prince and Secret Garden), but I changed my mind on that, at least for now. The great thing about a Kdrama is that the supernatural element could also come in later.
- I want it to be funny and dramatic, but not depressing. What really turns me off about some romantic comedies is that they get too dark and sad around the end. Some dramas balance this well (like Dream High and Coffee Prince) while others make it unbearable (my example is Starts Falling From the Sky, it became way too depressing and not funny).
Here are some dramas that mine will be inspired by: Invincible Lee Pyung Kang, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Innocent Man (very slightly), The Vineyard Man, Answer Me 1997.
|Shin Min Ah and Lee Seung Gi in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho|
This is all I have for now. I came up with most of this while I was writing it, so some of it probably won't make sense to anyone except for me (even then...), but I hope to work things out as I forge ahead in my grand project. Bookmark my blog and keep checking back to see what crazy things develop in my mind as I try to create the perfect and best Korean drama.