Sunday, October 28, 2012

Full House Take 2 episodes 1-4

When I watched the first episode of Full House Take 2, I thought "this show is so bad, wrong, and not funny," but that all changed at the end of the episode. It began by introducing the two main characters Jang Man Ok (Michelle Jang) and Lee Tae Ik as children. First we see Man Ok taken in as a girly-girl to her grandfather's Taekwondo house because both of her parents have died (of course). Quickly after that Man Ok is shown as a tomboy dressed in a dobok at a fancy party taking place at Tae Ik's family's home. The fact that they met as children leads me to believe that they will end up together once the love triangle is resolved in this story.

The part of this show that I hated in the first episode is the rivalry between Tae Ik and Won Kang hwi. Their fighting wasn't funny to me, just petty. The two men work together in a singing group called Take One and their song in the show is not good. After the episode unravels and all the main players are introduced, the drama's saving grace happens. The real comedy begins as Tae Ik starts to die on stage because he wanted to wear a stupid sparkly scarf that he is allergic to, and then Kang Hwi appears and decides to save the show by kissing Tae Ik and pulling the scarf off. I was litterally LOLing, you guys!

No Min Woo and Park Ki Woong as Tae Ik and Kang Hwi

I believe the show markedly improved at the end of episode 1. In the following episodes we learn more about the characters personalities and see where they fit in to the Kdrama spectrum. Tae Ik is the prissy, picky main male character that will inevitably fall for Man Ok's messy, fun female character and Kang Hwi is the guy who will be nice to Man Ok and like her the whole time, but Man Ok will eventually come to like Tae Ik. Can we all agree on that? Ok, good, because the next step in the story is for them all to begin working together and interacting with each other every day as Man Ok joins the Take One team as a stylist. I foresee much silliness and jealousy to come for these three.

Hwang Jung Eum as Jang Man Ok
Kang Hwi
Tae Ik

As far as this being a sequel to Full House (2004 Korean drama), it really isn't. I feel that it is more spiritually similar to You're Beautiful (2009 drama). Tae Ik is exactly like Jang Keun Suk as Hwang Tae Kyung, much more so than to Rain's Lee Young Jae. Though all three characters are prissy, spoiled celebrities, I found Young Jae in Full House to have a sadness and lack of confidence to him that the other guys don't have. I can't make a judgement about yet how this show will rate overall, because it is only the beginning. It may become as sad and romantic as the original Full House did, or Take 2 could stick to the lighthearted romcom feel. I am hoping for the latter because I don't know how seriously I will be able to take the romance of this love triangle.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/KdramaTherapy
Follow me on Tumblr http://kdramatherapy.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts