Friday, June 7, 2013

Upcoming 2013 Korean Dramas

Well, we are almost halfway through the year, and it is basically summertime. A new batch of Korean dramas just started, including: Shark, I Hear Your Voice, Nail Shop Paris, Dating Agency: Cyrano, Monstar, and Hearltess City. In this post, though, I want to mention a few upcoming Kdramas that I am looking forward to. As we all know, everything must come to an end, but in the Korean drama world the end of one means the start of a possibly amazing new drama.

Kyung Soo Jin
source: koreandrama.org
Eun Hee

Links: AsianWikiHan Cinema
Cast: Kyung Soo Jin (Shark) and Lee Jun (The Slave Hunters)
Begins: June 24th, 2013
Thoughts: It basically sounds like hundreds of other Korean dramas involving birth secrets, a jealous girl, and a love triangle. I liked Kyung Soo Jin's acting as the young Hae Woo in Shark, so I am considering watching this drama, but I am not 100% sold just based upon the information I found so far.

Moon Gun Young
source: viki.com
Jung Yi, the Goddess of Fire

Links: AsianWikiHan CinemaCouch Kimchi
Cast: Moon Gun Young (Cheongdamdong Alice, Mary Stayed Out All Night) and Lee Sang Yoon (Life is Beautiful)
Begins: July 2013
Thoughts: This is a sageuk about the first woman who worked with ceramic in the Joseon era. It sounds like it could either be incredibly boring or epic and interesting.

Kim Jae Won
source: soompi.com
Scandal

Links: AsianWikiHan Cinema
Cast: Kim Jae Won (Can You Hear My Heart, May Queen) and Jo Yoon Hee (Nine, Lie to Me)
Begins: July 2013
Thoughts: It could be interesting. The plot is set around Jae Won as a detective who finds out his father kidnapped him. I will try it because I like Jae Won, hopefully it's better than the last drama he was in, May Queen.


Lee Jun Ki
source: photucket
Two Weeks

Links: AsianWiki, Han Cinema
Cast: Lee Jun Ki (Arang and the Magistrate, My Girl) and Kim So Yeon (IRIS 2, The Great Seer)
Begins: August 2013
Thoughts: It sounds right up my alley. It's going to be about a man who is framed for murder and finds out he has a daughter with leukemia, and he spends two weeks trying to save her. I think Lee Jun Ki will be great in a role like this. I am looking forward to it!

Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa
source: facebook.com
Answer Me 1994

Links: Drama BeansAsianWikiHan CinemaThe Drama Corner
Cast: so far Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa (the parents from Answer Me 1997)
Begins: Fall 2013
Thoughts: Answer Me 1997 was one of the best dramas of 2012, so I think many drama fans are excited about what the sequel will be. So far there is no definite information, but it looks like it may start airing this fall.

Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye
source: vingle.net
The Heirs 

Links: AsianWiki, Han Cinema, DramaFever Blog
Cast: Lee Min Ho (Boys Over Flowers, Faith), Park Shin Hye (You're Beautiful, Flower Boy Next Door) Choi Jin Hyuk (Gu Family Book, Panda and Hedgehog)
Begins: Fall 2013
Thoughts: I need more Lee Min Ho in my life. I have been listening to his album My Everything, but I need some visuals too. One thing I'm skeptical about is that this drama may be about rich high school students. Lee Min Ho is older than me, and I don't think he looks old, but he can't pull off acting as a high school student anymore. We'll see...

Please comment here or contact me via email in the side bar and let me know about any other upcoming Korean, Taiwanese, Japanese, etc. dramas that you are excited to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts