Friday, May 31, 2013

All About My Romance Final Episode 16 Review

Classic Lee Min Jung derp face
Here's the set up for All About My Romance: Noh Min Young (Lee Min Jung) and Kim Soo Young (Shin Ha Kyun) are members of rival parties in the Korean national assembly. They are at odds politically, ethically, and personally, but they fall for each other despite their ideological differences.

In terms of plot I found this drama to be a bit weak. The characters who are supposed to be high-level politicians are so focused on their relationships and personal scandals that the actual job of representing the people of their country seems to be one of the last things on their minds. I'm not sure if this is one of the messages of the drama, but it seems to be commenting on the childishness and petty back stabbing that happens behind-the-scenes in the political world. The idea of politicians from two different parties dating doesn't seem like a life-ruining scandal to me, but I guess the Korean "netizens" are quite powerful when they don't like someone.

The biggest draw of All About My Romance are the actors. Lee Min Jung and Shin Ha Kyun had great chemistry that translates mostly into LOL-worthy comedy. They each serve up a variety of funny and endearing facial expressions. Even though I never cried while watching their relationship go through its ups and downs, I did smile and laugh with them.

The sexy ahjusshi Kim Soo Young
The side characters were also impressive. Han Chae Ah was cute as Ahn Hee Sun who followed both Soo Young and Song Joon Ha (Park Hee Soon) around. She was a light-version of the crazy girl that hates the female lead's easy ability to get everyone to like her because she is not liked by anyone. She looks and acts so different here than in Bridal Mask that I hardly recognized her. Also, the side couple of Moon Bong Shik (Kang Hyung Jin) and Go Dong Sook (Kim Jung Nan) were adorable from beginning to end. They were a mirror of the main couple, facing the same obstacles of political party difference. Because of the overall lightness of this drama, the secondary couple was nearly as powerful as the main one.
I did love this super cutesy wedding photo shoot
Will I watch this drama again? Probably not. It reminded me of A Gentleman's Dignity because of the childish actions of the 30-and-40-something-year-old adults. If I wanted to watch a funny show about a group of people working in the government, I would honestly rather just watch Parks and Recreation. 

Watch it with English subtitles DramaFever.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts