Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Best Taiwanese Drama Ever: In a Good Way

This is just a super quick post because I feel compelled to let everyone know about this Taiwanese drama titled In a Good Way. It's not your typical Asian drama. Yes, it is a coming-of-age tale about romance and friendship, this is nothing new or groundbreaking, but this story doesn't fall victim to the typical tropes and tricks. For example, the 2nd female lead is not an evil witch who's trying all means to separate the leads. She's a sweet girl who gave up on her first love, Liu Chan (Lego Li), so that her new best friend could follow her heart. Honestly, I really ship Jia En (Kirsten Ren) with Bai Xue (Smile Weng), they are a sweet girl couple. The tearful moment in episode 13 when Bai Xue told Jia En that she is her best friend, and she will never let this come between them was so emotional and real, I felt like I was part of their intimate conversation. This drama is blowing me away.

In a Good Way episode 13 Kirsten Ren and Smile Weng
In a Good Way episode 13 Kirsten Ren and Smile Weng
Any way, this drama is just over halfway through, so there are many more episodes to fill with over-the-top plot lines. I hope that the writers hold true to the feeling of this drama so far. I am rooting for every character, and I ship them all: Liu Chan and Jia En, Jia En and Bai Xue, Bai Xue and Ren Wei, etc. I can't wait for the next episode to air each week. This drama is probably going to crack my VVIP list by the end. Does anyone else agree with me? Or is there someone who disagrees? (WHY WOULD YOU?)

In a Good Way episode 13 Lego Lee Lego Li
Watch it subtitled and free on DramaFever.

4 comments:

  1. Me! Me! I agree with you!! I think it's going to end up on my best-of list too. I love it to death. And this scene was amazing, to see the strength of their friendship and Bai Xue!! I love her being able to let go of Liu Chuan, finally. GAH this show is so awesome I wish there was more of it, one episode a week is not enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so gooooood. I wish it was 50 episodes long with 2 episodes week. It's a lot better the weekend kdramas that get that much airtime. (I just finished Hundred Year Inheritance and I wasn't overly impressed)

      Delete
  2. No one should disagree! It's really the best TW drama I've seen for years!!! I'm on Ep15 and it's the best one for me yet..can't get enough of this drama. My own brand of heroin :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be so sad when it ends : " ( I look forward to it every week

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts