Friday, January 18, 2013

I Miss You (Missing You) Final Episode 21

Park Yoo Chun as Han Jung Woo
Park Yoo Chun as Han Jung Woo
So, I Miss You has come to an end. It wasn't a great drama, but it wasn't bad either. I think that, despite a dreary and frustrating script, the actors were able to bring some light to this drama. Park Yoo Chun was the center of all comedic scenes, and I think he carried them well. As for Yoon Eun Hye, I love her, but I didn't see her usual glow in this drama. I understand that actors should have range and play different types of characters, but YEH is at her best when she is allowed to be playful and have fun. There were a few glimpses throughout the show of YEH's cuteness when she had sweet scenes opposite Yoo Chun, though. I think their chemistry is what kept me watching.

Yoo Eun Hye as Lee Soo Yeon
The acting that stood out to me in a big way was Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Hyung Joon. I found myself hating him and then pitying him and then hating him all over again. When he cried, I felt his anguish, and when he glared evilly at Jung Woo or Han Tae Joon, I felt his hatred. Even though Seung Ho was trapped in the overly melodramatic world of I Miss You, his acting wasn't over the top. I hope to see Yoo Seung Ho in more leading roles in the future; he has skills.

Yoo Seung Ho as Kang Hyung Joon
The final episode brought most things to a conclusion. Jung Woo's dad ended up in prison, Hyung Joon went crazy like his mom, Jung Woo remained as a detective, and Soo Yeon, Jung Woo, and family lived happily ever after together. Mostly what I got from this show is the same thing that I get from every Korean melo, wasting your life seeking revenge is a waste of time, and it ruins things for everyone else. I don't often come across people in my day-to-day life who are actively seeking revenge, but if I do meet someone like that I will surely tell them to give it up and just live their life.

Yoon Eun Hye as Soo Yeon and Park Yoo Chun Jung Woo
Yoon Eun Hye as Soo Yeon and Park Yoo Chun as Jung Woo

Watch I Miss You (Missing You) with English subtitles DramaFever.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts