Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Kdrama Couples

In honor of Valentine's day, since I have nothing better going on of course, I present you with my list of the best couples from the Korean dramas that I have watched. I am focusing on the main couples involving the lead characters for now, but I plan on making a list later of the best side-character couples because they can't be quite good as well (for example: Lee Jae Shin played by Lee Yoon Ji with Ein Shi Kyung played by Jo Jung Suk in The King 2 Hearts).



1. Mi Ho and Cha Dae Woong


Shin Min Ah and Lee Seung Gi are perfect together in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. I have watched it 3 times, and I just bought the DVD set on Amazon. Needless to say, this is my all- time favorite drama. The video to left features my favorite scene from the show (ignore the subtitles unless you read whatever language that is) when Dae Woong gives Mi Ho a recharge by telling her that he really really really really really likes her. Tears well up in my eyes a bit just from watching that little clip. DramaFever.com.





2. Kim Na Na and Lee Yoon Seong

Out of all of the dramas that Lee Min Ho has starred in, I think his coupling with Park Min Young in City Hunter makes the most sense. They are a very attractive couple, and I don't think I would have liked the drama as much if it were two different people. Na Na and Yoon Seong hardly had a chance to love each other in a normal way, but the rare intimate moments that they shared were made sweet by the adorable actors filling those roles. Watch it on DramaFever.com.






3. Go Nam Soon and Park Heung Soo


Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin are the "it" couple in the Korean drama world right now, so I can't fail to include them in my list. Their touching friendship in  School 2013 fueled the main emotional vein of the drama. In the interview that I have included here they basically sum it up by stating that they had great acting chemistry together and that they have known each other since they were young. Their love story is beyond the typical cheesy romance because watching them as Nam Soon and Heung Soo is like experiencing the ups and downs of a real friendship. Watch it on DramaFever.com.




4. Choi Hee Jin and Kim Bong Do


I say "fighting!" to this couple because they are still dating in real life. Yoo In Na and Ji Hyun Woo are so genuine and adorable in this Queen In-Hyun's Man, that it's hard not to get sucked in and ignore the nonsensical time travel aspects of it. The video I have included has some cute moments with Lee Seung Gi's "Losing My Mind" playing in the background which reminds me of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and makes me smile. Watch it on DramaFever.com.






5. Seo Eun Gi and Kang Ma Roo


I would like to categorize Moon Chae Won and Song Joong Ki in Innocent Man (Nice Guy) as the best "worst" couple. The two of them were a pair of fucked up kooks that put each other through hell, but I couldn't help rooting for them. Chae Won and Joong Ki look so good together even when they are beating the physical and mental shit out of each other and themselves that it makes the story more romantic than it actually should be. Watch Innocent Man DramaFever.com.






BONUS COUPLE: You + Lee Min Ho! Let's all take a moment (or twenty) and pretend that we are celebrating a romantic V-day in Seoul with Lee Min Ho, shall we?

Lee Min Ho in Faith

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen "King's Daughter, Su Baek Hyang"? It also has an extremely cute couple in there, Solnan and Myeong Nong! They seem like they are reaaally in love, I can't help but keep vidding about them! If you haven't yet, you should give them a chance. It's true it's a historical drama, but they are cute either way.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u26Tnb9VBOk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't watched that one yet. What site did you watch it on?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts