Saturday, October 27, 2012

Innocent Man Episodes 1-14

Song Joong Ki as Kang Ma Roo
Here are the reasons why I love Song Joong Ki's character in Innocent Man Kang Ma Roo: He is sexy (and he knows it), he is totes smart, he is mysterious and twisted, and his romanized name is one letter away from being kangaroo. His relations with women are so fucked up, though. He's either conning them and selling his body to get their money, or he is completely obsessed and acts like a wild animal running around to protect them (see Han Jae Hee and, later, Seo Eun Gee). There is no doubt that it stems from Jae Hee's betrayal after he took the blame for the murder she accidentally committed, but I think the root cause may predate their fateful relationship. After all, there are still six episodes left, and there is yet to be one episode that didn't feature the reveal of a devastating truth or the creation of a new deceit. I believe we have more to learn about Ma Roo.

Another thing that I am still unsure about, even to this point in the story, is the car accident that took place in episode 9. When it happened, it wasn't clear to me if they could see each other when they were driving head-on toward the collision. It seems, though, that as Eun Gee, played by Moon Chae Won, is slowly recovering the horroific memories, she did see his face. But is that why she turned around? Did he also see her? What was the plan there? To die together? God, I have so many questions about that scene, and I hope they will be answered in the next 6 episodes.

Moon Chae Won as Seo Eun Gee

Moon Chae Won's awesomeness is also worth mentioning. She has the face of a perfect porcelain doll, but she can contort it to look like the most nasty, evil bitch without overacting (see above). As Eun Gee she is a perfectly dark mix of child-like innocence and angry pittbull bitchiness. Her relationship with Ma Roo is clearly headed for complete disaster as soon as she begins to regain all of the memories of their twisted affair, and I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I want both Eun Gee and Ma Roo to find happiness and feel comfort in trusting another human (because they have both been betrayed and used for most of their lives), but I can't help but feel apprehensive. Ma Roo's brain is about to explode, and he thinks that he deserves to die so he doesn't appear to be doing anything about it. Also, Eun Gee is not going to forgive easily once she remembers what happened the year before. I don't foresee a happy ending to this drama, I am already preparing myself for the worst possible scenarios. I want to see Ma Roo and Eun Gee survive and at least live free of the hatred that has been burning inside of them both, but I honestly don't believe that will happen.

Kang Ma Roo and Seo Eun Gee
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/KdramaTherapy
Follow me on Tumblr http://kdramatherapy.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts